Public Accommodation Request

* indicates a required field

Welcome to Access and Inclusion Services at Mount Royal University!

In most cases, documentation of disability is required to book an initial appointment with an Access Advisor. Students who identify as Indigenous can book a meeting without documentation, but documentation will be required in order to receive accommodations. Access Advisors are able to provide guidance on how to obtain documentation during the initial meeting.

Documentation must be:

(i) From a physician, psychologist, audiologist, ophthalmologist or other licensed specialist;

(ii) Submitted on letterhead and include the clinician’s name, title, phone number, address, dates(s) of assessment(s); and

(iii) Dated.

In addition, the documentation must indicate the impact the disability(ies)/condition(s) has on the student in an academic setting. It may identify or recommend specific accommodations and supports that would reduce the barriers encountered in an educational setting.

Please note: Unless you have another documented disability, we do not provide accommodations for:

• exam anxiety

• English as an additional language

Please complete and submit the information below. We will contact you to arrange a conversation with an Access Advisor.

If you do not have a preferred name, please enter your legal First name.
Are you a current MRU student or have you applied to attend MRU?Required

Please answer "Yes" if you have an MRU student ID number.

Please enter the semester and year e.g. Fall2023
Date of BirthRequired

Please use your university issued email address if you have one.

May we leave messages at the Primary Phone Number?Required
May we leave messages at the Secondary Phone Number?Required

1. Access and Inclusion Services as the department responsible for requesting, receiving, and retaining medical or psychological information provided by students requesting an academic accommodation. Your information is confidential and cannot be shared with anyone outside of Access and Inclusion Services without your written consent. There are 3 exceptions to this:
1. if you or another person is at risk of serious harm,

2. if you admit to child abuse or child neglect, or
3. if your information is subpoenaed in a court of law.
Your information is only shared, on a need to know basis, with Access and Inclusion Services staff. 

Indicate below if you have read and understood the confidentiality content. 

Welcome to Access and Inclusion Services

In order to best serve you, please take a few minutes to answer the questions below. 

Did someone refer you to Access and Inclusion Services? Required
Did you receive any extra academic support in high school or from another post-secondary institution? Required

For example: Did you have an IPP, IEP, ISP, or extra time on diploma exams?

Did you receive English as a Second Language (ESL/EAL) support in High School?Required
Do you face barriers in school related to a diagnosed learning disability or medical condition?Required
Are you experiencing a temporary disabling condition? (E.g., broken wrist, concussion)Required
Do you have a personal physician or medical specialist?Required
Do you see a mental health professional?Required
Are you of First Nations, Metis, or Inuit ancestry? Required
Are you attending MRU through an International Education program (i.e. exchange or international student)?Required
Are you a Cougar Athlete?Required